Share Your Saga Submission
We can often change the way our stories turn out for the better once we've fully expressed them! Use the form below to submit your unique story. Check out our community page to find previously published sagas.
Meet Your Saga Moderator, Linda Strause, PhD
- We have asked distinguished professor and clinical research expert Linda Strause, PhD to moderate our "Tell Us Your Story" blog, providing general comments on anonymous posts and drawing connections and conclusions where applicable. Dr. Strause is a Professor, University of California, San Diego and an advocate for the better understanding of the science and medicine of cannabis. She and her team of cannabis experts at Randy's Club consult with customers and patients from all over the world. They have been integrating medical cannabis since 2010. Dr. Strause combines over 30 years in clinical research and as a professor of nutrition at UC San Diego, with her personal journey: her husband's diagnosis and death from brain cancer. She has been interviewed by KCBQ and by Dr. Jamie Corron of the Center for Medical Cannabis Education. She was recently selected to be interviewed by Authority Magazine for their series, Women Leaders in Cannabis.
- Your replies will be entirely anonymous. Don't feel limited in terms of the length of your story, although texts may be edited for clarity and brevity.
- Dr. Strause suggests the brief outline below to help you formulate your personal dependency story - but don't feel bound by it.
- Year of birth
- Description of pain that drove you to take opioids (pick a number from 1-10 to describe your typical daily pain – 1 is minimal pain and 10 is maximum pain).
- What pain medication(s) are you currently using?
- Have you tried recovery? If yes, how many times?
- Have you tried medication-assisted treatment with methadone of buprenorphine?
- What else have you tried to decrease the amount of opioids you need to manage your pain?